Couple’s home catches fire on wedding day

A couple had their wedding night plans thrown into disarray when they returned home to find fire crews outside their apartment.

Hayden and Hannah Potter were forced to spend their wedding night with their parents after their apartment block caught fire just hours after tying the knot on Sunday.

The newlyweds arrived back at their Penrith unit complex in western Sydney to find fire crews extinguishing a blaze within the building.

The couple were forced to stand on the street, with Mrs Potter still in her wedding dress, while crews contained a car fire in the carpark underground.

Mr Potter was looking at the bright side.

“Well, we didn’t have enough fairy lights at the wedding, so now we have got these trucks,” he told 9 News.

Bridesmaid Jaime Swavley said the wedding night could have become a bit crowded after they were forced to stay with the bride and groom’s relatives.

“Initially, we thought we‘d all have to share the same room, which was a bit crazy. But thankfully they could have their own space,” Ms Swavley said.

The married couple spent the night at their parents’ house.

Once the newlyweds returned to their unit on Monday, they were told the building would be without water temporarily.

“So many complications, as with any wedding, but this was just the cherry on top, right? So, it‘s all good,” Mr Potter said.

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *