Man trapped in Sydney building collapse

Emergency services have rushed to free an injured man trapped under rubble after a building collapse in Sydney.

Two men are lucky to be alive after a building site they were working at collapsed in Sydney’s west.

A 45-year-old man was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after he became trapped under rubble when the two-storey structure collapsed about 9am on Saturday.

NCA NewsWire understands the men had been working on the home when some scaffolding collapsed under heavy weight.

A second man, 25, managed to escape the rubble and was treated by paramedics for minor injuries.

A NSW Ambulance spokesperson said firefighters worked to free the man at the Gecko Street site in Marsden Park.

“The older man was trapped for some time before Fire and Rescue NSW helped him out,” the spokesperson said.

“Once he was rescued he was treated for shoulder injuries and multiple fractures – he is in a serious condition.”

Both men were taken to Westmead Hospital, with the 45-year-old transported by CareFlight medical staff.

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *